Monday, May 31, 2010

Tribble, with Attitude


Tribble was a labrador sharpei mix. She looked mostly like a yellow lab, but had short hair, curly tail, and lots of expression in her face. She also had a bit of an attitude. I remember when my dad was home with her. He said that she could only be in the kitchen or outside. We went shopping and came home to find my dad on the couch with Tribble curled up next to him as he read the paper. What a softy!
Tribble was smart from the get go. Mom and dad were rearranging their bedroom and had a large mirror that they set on the floor in the living room. Tribble saw the "other dog" and came to investigate. She danced and got up close to the mirror, nose to nose. Pretty soon, she took one paw and moved it behind the mirror. Realizing it was just her and wasn't a real dog, she showed me a disgusted look and walked off.
She and I went to doggy school and for a while there she was doing really well. I fell down on my part of keeping it going, so that went to heck (Mormon swearing). She also quickly seemed to have hip and shoulder issues, so having her sit versus lay down was pointless.
We had her outside a few times. She apparently doesn't consider herself to be an outdoor dog. At first, we heard a low "wuf" every few minutes. Then it was, "Wuff" for a few times. Her pitch started to get higher with a "WUFF" and then she was almost panicky outside. As we try to be good neighbors, we didn't let her bark outside too much. She ended up coming in. (I guess we are all softies).

No comments:

Post a Comment